KINDNESS WEEKEND 2022 - WOW! BACK TO IN-PERSON SERVICE!
This Year's Kindness Event on April 2, 2022, was a collaboration of all the Altrusa Service Committees
as each committee authored a different type of service project.
Fifty-three Kindness Action Ninjas participated in one way or another along with the librarians and students
from Yale and Northlake Elementary schools.
Mina and Fami Choudhury, owners of Friends Place, graciously allow the use of their wonderful facility for board and committee meetings
and wonderful events such as this. We are so grateful for this service.
That morning we:
* assembled reusable sanitary kits for women and girls in third world countries,
* packed 40 Easter-type baskets with comforting items for women trafficked in North Texas for New Friends New Life,
* put together 500 emergency food kits for Network for after school snacks for food-deprived students,
* prepared and delivered 50 kits of grooming items for women veterans,
* put together first aid kits for homeless veterans (joined by elementary school students from both Yale and Northlake Elementary who wrote notes of encouragement),
* wrote notes to members we've been missing.
We touched the lives of 1,230 people locally as well as some internationally. And it was so good to all be together!
2021 KINDNESS NINJAS GATHER TO WORK FOR KINDNESS WEEKEND
Every April, Altrusa International of Richardson’s Kindness Ninja Warriors celebrate Kindness Weekend, a community initiative begun by the club in April 2016. Members of the Altrusa Kindness Committee gathered Saturday, May 1, 2021 for action in celebration of this year’s project, which was twofold:
· Gather pajamas for adults to be delivered to Pajamas for Seniors and to one of the assisted living centers in Richardson. Many, particularly those covered by Medicaid are especially in need. Seven sets of pajamas and gowns were given to Jo Alch of Pajamas for Seniors along with donations from members in the amount of $250. Eight sets of pajamas and gowns were delivered to Twin Rivers Assisted Living.
Altrusa Kindness Ninja
The Altrusa International of Richardson “Kindness Action Ninjas” sponsored the third annual Kindness Weekend. Everyone in Richardson and the surrounding areas is encouraged to do an act of kindness, as simple as writing a kind note to someone or paying it forward in the coffee line. Altrusans will be focusing their kindness efforts on Network of Community Ministries and Hope’s Door/The New Beginning Center, including helping with the Network clothes closet, collecting sanitary products for Network clients and providing pillows for Hope’s Door shelters.
Our second annual Kindness Action Ninja (KAN) weekend was April 7 - 9, 2018
Librarians in our 4 Choose Kind Library Schools were hard at work helping 2nd and 3rd graders create hand made greeting cards for seniors at Richardson retirement homes.
We then met at Friends Place on Saturday, April 8 brunch and a workshop putting together donations for Hopes Door and Mikes Kids. Representatives from these groups were on hand to receive our gifts and pose for pics. Several of our kids and grandkids joined us to help, eat, and make cards too.
Then Ninja groups fanned out across Richardson to deliver our sweet cards and hugs to our senior folks
Ninjas in action at fire station 5. Thank firefighter Noah for showing our little Ninjas such a good time!